Launch your career as a character modeler and work to build a game prototype with a team of your fellow students. Learn the full development cycle of production as you work together to turn your ideas into a playable game.
Learn 3D modeling using Blender. After mastering the basics, you’ll dive into character design. Brainstorm your ideas with hand-drawn or digital concept art. Finish the week by learning game design theory, exploring themes, and developing the art style of the player and non-player character models!. Learn to Animate characters and objects.
Ages group: 13 years and above
Duration: 4 weeks
In this course, you will:
- Develop hard surface modeling techniques
- Use polygon and curve modeling tools
- Learn game design principles and write a game design document
- Unwrap and texture models for import into Unreal Engine 4
- Learn to Animate Characters and objects
- Learn effective techniques to work with a team